Maryland announces $12.5 million grant program to help Port of Baltimore retain workers following Key Bridge collapse

BALTIMORE, MD—The state of Maryland has announced a $12.5 million grant program to help businesses at the Port of Baltimore retain workers impacted by the recent Key Bridge collapse. The Port of Baltimore Worker Retention Program will provide grants to eligible businesses that can demonstrate an effort to avoid layoffs and maintain their workforce at the same hours, rates of […]

Baltimore to sue owner of vessel that crashed into Key Bridge, FBI agents board cargo ship

BALTIMORE, MD—The city of Baltimore has announced that it will launch legal action against the owner of the M/V Dali, the boat that crashed into the Francis Scott Key Bridge and caused its collapse, in an effort to protect residents from the economic fallout of the disaster. The city said it would sue the shipping company, the owner, the charterer, […]

Governor Moore signs $60 million executive order to provide relief to businesses, workers impacted Key Bridge collapse

ANNAPOLIS, MD—Governor Wes Moore has signed a $60 million executive order to provide temporary relief to businesses and workers impacted by the Francis Scott Key Bridge collapse. The order directs state agencies to identify potential relief funds and programs to supplement the aid approved for the Port of Baltimore. The Port of Baltimore Emergency Business Assistance Program will distribute $15 […]

Second temporary alternate channel opened around Key Bridge wreckage [VIDEO]

BALTIMORE, MD—Crews have established a second temporary alternate channel on the southwest side of the main channel near Hawkins Point in the vicinity of the Francis Scott Key Bridge collapse for commercially essential vessels. This action is part of a phased approach to opening the main channel. The second temporary channel is marked with government lighted aids to navigation and […]

First vessel passes through temporary alternate channel around Key Bridge wreckage [VIDEO]

BALTIMORE, MD—The tugboat Crystal Coast pushing a fuel barge, transited the temporary alternate channel created by the Key Bridge Response Unified Command. The vessel passed through at 3 p.m. on Monday is the first to use the channel since the bridge collapsed into the federal waterway last week. The barge is used to supply jet fuel to the Department of […]

Crews to open temporary alternate channel around Key Bridge wreckage, debris hotline established

BALTIMORE, MD—Crews are preparing to establish a temporary alternate channel on the northeast side of the main channel in the vicinity of the Francis Scott Key Bridge for commercially essential vessels. “This will mark an important first step along the road to reopening the port of Baltimore,” said Capt. David O’Connell, Federal On-Scene Coordinator, Key Bridge Response 2024. “By opening […]